Re: Debian Artwork Proposals on wiki

On Thursday 05 October 2006 16:53, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-10-05 at 16:33 +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> > Getting an updated desktop-base package with the final artwork in
> > should
> > be no problem, IMO.
>
> Hmhm, can we agree on some filenames, so that every environnment can do
> its work, depend on desktop-base and be sure that the correct wallpaper
> appears ?

desktop-base can set up the various environment to use the stuff it includes
so that it appears. There's absolutely no need to do that in the
DE-packages themselves (at least for KDE and XFCE, not so sure how gnome
currently uses the desktop-base stuff)
-> see wishlist bug #348702

Doing this kind of theming in the DE-packages themselves, is only gonna be a
pain the but every time we want to change it, since it makes us dependend
on several large dependency chains and the needed cross-team coordination*
that goes with it. So let's please not go that way

* to be clear: any cross-team coordination that happens is a good thing, but
  introducing a requirement for unneeded coordination is not IMO
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)