Re: DebianDesktopHowTo update

On Wednesday 19 October 2005 11:59, C. Gatzemeier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for those that are not subscribed to the wiki:
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianDesktopHowTo has been updated since a long
> time.
>
> For me the situation seems to boil down to that installing a
> Debian-Desktop isn't too hard anymore at all, CDDing it shouldn't be too
> much harder either.

> What is IMHO still missing is an adequate configuration abstraction
> infrastructure (debconf2/dcontrol/CFG).

take a look at desktop-profiles package, we still need to make a profile for
each desktop though (expect further a mail about this from me next week or
so), right now i'm simply going for using the background and .desktop
shortcuts from the desktop-base package (actual profiles should probably be
part of that package once done).
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)