Re: Splashy: boot splashing Linux the right way

Hello David,

Did you try reading the FAQ section in our main page?

http://splashy.alioth.debian.org/#FAQ

Make sure that your framebuffer have been properly initialized by the kernel (at boot time). You can simply do:

$> cat /proc/fb
0 VESA VGA

That's what that shows for me here. Try loading your framebuffer by hand (using modprobe) and then execute:

/sbin/splashy test

You don't need to reboot to test splashy as it's simply executed just like any other application.

Hope that helps. If not, you can always meet us on #splashy @ irc.freenode.net

On 10/3/05, David Moreno Garza < damog@debian.org> wrote:
On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 16:17 -0400, Luis M wrote:
> If you want to test splashy now, you can do so

Hello,

Firstly, thanks for your work, guys.

I've tried Splashy and it is failing to work by displaying the correct
theme. When I boot the splashy kernel, the boot does starts using
framebuffer, which I didn't have support, but the theme is not
displayed. I've tried both default and debiansplashy themes (the latter
I tried to use it by modifying /etc/splashy/config.xml). Am I missing
something?

Thanks,

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@damog.net>   |  http://www.damog.net/