Re: New installer for CDD (was: Re: yast2 dependancies)

On Saturday 05 March 2005 20:29, Matthew P. McGuire wrote:
> Hi Ramon,
>
> I don't see why the curent cdebconf backend is problematic for the
> installer. All of the installation steps that use cdebconf exclusively
> work well. The dialogs for these interfaces can be done in GTK the same
> way and the functionality doesn't change. For instance the DHCP piece
> runs and if it fails it offers questions to configure the ethernet
> ports.
right

> The parts I worry about are the non debconf pieces like partman.
er, partman like the rest of d-i also uses debconf for the interface.
I'm not aware af any part of d-i that uses a non-debconf interface (and as a
d-i translater whose language is at 100% I'd excpect I would be aware of
any such beast)
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)