Re: xterm font and fontconfig issue

I've already tried Bitstream Vera Sans Mono, but it had trouble with non-ASCII
characters.

However I just installed msttcorefonts and x-ttcidfonts-conf, reconfigured the
latter to use Freetype and it displays non-ASCII correctly this time.

I don't understand what happened behind the scenes, but I don't even want to
know.  I'm happy I'm over this.  Thank you for your help.