Re: usplash or fbsplash?

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 14:33:10 -0400, Orlando Fiol <fiolorlando@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The commercial debian based distro  XandrOS  uses a bootsplash like
> feature called splashfx that works in userspace. The Splashfx supposes
> to be a Gnu project but I couldn't find it. Anyone have more info
> about this?

We have talked about this previously in this list. Just check the archives.

>From what I recall, splashfx does need some kind of kernel help. And
the patch you can get it from googling a bit. I look at that source
before and man it was ugly.

However, don't take my word for it. I look at it for a few hours in a
day, so, I might be wrong. I saw that some people would get Xandros
kernel and diff against a vanilla kernel to get the patch out... We
don't want to mess with the kernel.

--
Luis M

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and
you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" --
Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html