Re: pmount vs updfstab

On Sat, Oct 09, 2004 at 12:25:55PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 09, 2004 at 01:57:58PM +0200, Bluefuture wrote:
> > Do we have a "debian solution" about this issue? Or we want to use
> > updtfstab?
>
> What is updtfstab?
>
> HAL upstream has fstab-sync as fstab wrapper, which will probably be
> used in RedHat's upcoming Fedora Core distribution, seeing how the HAL
> guys are mostly employed by RedHat.
>
> It is too late for Sarge anyway, so I guess we should revisit this issue
> in a couple of months and evaluate how Ubuntu did with pmount and Fedora
> with fstab-sync and perhaps what the other distributions use.

The hal debian package ships with fstab-sync, but it's not enabled by default.
See README.Debian for details.

> But in the end, it depends on who does the work, so if Martin Pitt
> (pmount author) should volunteer to integrate this into Debian, that
> would be great I guess.

I've already discussed this with Martin somewhat. He's prepaired to maintain
pmount for Debian if we decide to use it for the project utopia stuff in
Debian. But as you rightfully said, this is Sarge+1 stuff.

  Sjoerd
--
After the last of 16 mounting screws has been removed from an access
cover, it will be discovered that the wrong access cover has been removed.