YaST2 for Debian (aka nYaST)

Good morning

Abstract:
I search a person (or more than one) who is interested to port Yast2 from
Novell/SuSE to Debian. I'd like to spend some money and/or hardware for this
task (I can't spend that much because I'm a student who lives from grants)
and perhaps some organizational help.

Longer version:
I like or better love Debian but Debian still lacks some features to become a
good desktop distribution. One thing is an admin tool. There are other tools
in development for this task (KaST [1], DControl [2], etc.) which I don't
want to substitute with YaST for Debian but to complete.
Because Yast2's source code become free for some time now I see a chance to
port a well-known (by new users) tool to my preferred distribution.
But my programming skills are too poor and so the only thing I can offer to
bring YaST2 to Debian is some money or hardware and organizational help.

This (or a similar) email goes to the following mailinglists (I'm subscribed
to all of them):
- debian-desktop [3]
- debian-devel [4]
- kalyxo and kalyxo-devel [5] & [6]
- debian-cdd [7]

If you think there are other lists which could be valuable please forward this
mail to these lists.

So if you're interested and have the skills to port YaST2 to Debian, contact
me. But please, first read the following tasks or levels.

For the work or porting of YaST2 I see the following levels:

1. Contact me (by private email or mailinglist) and tell me something about
your intentions and skills (and work you've already done for e.g. Debian).

2. Clarification about the license of YaST2 and it's location on the web.
See if Novell/SuSE is interested to contribute or at least help to port Yast2
(make it more portable and widely used => becoming an industry standard).

3. Look into the source code to see what work needs to be done. Amount of the
work. Say me how much money or hardware or help do you expect from me.
Can YaST2 work with Debian even if you change some conf files by hand?

4. Port YaST2 to Debian.

5. Maintain and enhance YaST2 for Debian.

And here a last thing: I'm not interested in a discussion about the sense of
this work (but nonetheless you can discuss this ;-) but in the search of
skilled people to work on this tasks.

Thanks and greets
Mario

[1] http://www.kalyxo.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/KaST