Re: fbsplash: introducing fbplash in debian (howto)

   Hi,

   I'm trying to use fbsplash on my laptop. I've installed the splashutils package and patched the kernel (I use a custom one so couldn't use the package provided). Everything seems fine and it now boots on graphical mode (on verbose) so thanks to everyone for the help provided in the links and emails.

The only thing missing is that if I try to boot in 'silent' mode the screen goes to 'silent' for a few seconds and then changes itself to 'verbose' mode. Exploring dmesg I only see:

          fbsplash: switching to verbose mode

but no indication of why... Does it happen to everybody? it may have to do with the progress bar missing, what do you think?

   Later,

Nuevo Correo Yahoo!