Re: Proposition: Debian Desktop Guide

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 13:17:40 -0600, Joel Konkle-Parker <jjk3@msstate.edu> wrote:

I think there should exist a Debian Desktop Guide similar to Gentoo's <http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/desktop.xml> that guides the user step-by-step through setting up a home desktop Debian system. This means installing KDE/GNOME, configuring X, getting fonts working correctly, setting up printers, sound, DVD, ACPI/APM, etc.

Is something like this already being worked on? I think it would be an invaluable resource for people like me who want to set up a typical desktop Debian system.

Hmm... good idea. Don't know about this being worked on but I would be willing to help you write one. I have been working on making a list of what is necessary for a useful debian desktop system for a while now.

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Matt-Land.com