Re: StarlingX looking at alternatives to CentOS

On Thu, 2021-01-28 at 10:41 -0800, Saul Wold wrote:

> I have been actively looking at these pages, but have not set
> anything up around creating a wanna-build or sbuild (yet).

Some more links to docs, many will be out of date or not useful since
Debian doesn't have a lot of resources to maintain documentation.

https://www.debian.org/devel/buildd/
https://www.debian.org/devel/buildd/operation
https://www.debian.org/devel/buildd/wanna-build-states
https://wiki.debian.org/BuilddSetup
https://salsa.debian.org/wb-team/wanna-build
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/sbuild
https://wiki.debian.org/SetupBuildServiceForWanna-build
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianWannaBuildInfrastructureOnOneServer
https://wiki.debian.org/WannaBuild
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianWannaBuildInfrastructure
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianBuildd
https://release.debian.org/wanna-build.html
https://wiki.debian.org/sbuild

> It's not clear to me how these tools handle dependencies between
> packages when building packages from source, such as building a
> library package that an userspace package might depend on.

These days wanna-build uses dose3 to check build-dep installability and
when the build-deps are not installable, then the package waits in the
BD-Uninstallable state until the build-deps are built and installable.

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise