Re: Debian derivatives census: removing old patches

On Sun, Jan 20, 2019 at 10:52 AM Paul Wise wrote:

> Since there hasn't been any feedback from other folks yet, I have a
> few more thoughts that I should share:

One more idea that I had:

There are a lot of packages where the only change to the package is in
debian/changelog. Some derivatives use these for no-change rebuilds.
Generally it isn't useful for Debian maintainers to see them (and the
export meant for the Debian Package Tracker does not show them). The
patches for these are small but the packages could be larger and
removing them would free up some disk space. I'm not sure but there
might be some cases where they are useful, so we could keep them for a
shorter amount of time, say 3 months.

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise