Re: apt archive verification tool

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 10:09 AM, peter green wrote:

> After a recent data corruption incident I have determined it would be very
> useful to have a tool that would crawl through an apt archive. Create a list
> of files and checksums and then verify that all the files actually match the
> checksums.

The derivatives census code does this, but only for source packages
and it does that by downloading all the source files and comparing
them with the apt metadata.

> Does such a tool already exist or do I need to write one?

The census code might be useful as an illustration but I think it
would be better to write a new tool for the purpose.

If the apt repository is managed by reprepro, you can use the checkpool command.

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise