Debian derivatives census: BCCD: welcome Aaron Weeden!

Hi Aaron,

Aaron Weeden has taken over maintenance of the BCCD page in
the Debian derivatives census. Thanks and welcome to the census!
Aaron, would you like to take this opportunity to introduce yourself
and your role within BCCD to us all?

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/BCCD?action=diff&rev1=31&rev2=32

Thanks for bringing your census page into sync with the template and
filling in as the fields as you have done.

It would be great if you could join our mailing list and IRC channel:

https://wiki.debian.org/DerivativesFrontDesk

I would encourage you to look at Debian's guidelines for derivatives:

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines

You may want to look at our census QA page, some of the mails from
there may apply to BCCD.

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/CensusQA

You may want to subscribe to the BCCD census page, I've made a minor
modification to the page, adding a link to the blog.

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/BCCD?action=subscribe
https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/BCCD?action=info

In case the BCCD blog becomes active again, it is now aggregated on
Planet Debian derivatives, which helps the Debian community find out
the things that are happening in the world of Debian derivatives.

http://planet.debian.org/deriv/

Next year the annual Debian conference is in Hsinchu, Taiwan.
It would be great if developers from BCCD could attend DebConf18.

https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf18

I would encourage Intel and the Shodor Foundation (the BCCD sponsors)
to contribute financially to ensure the continued survival of Debian
and the success of the annual Debian conference.

https://debconf.org/sponsors/
https://www.debian.org/donations
https://www.debian.org/partners/

I would encourage any attendees to volunteer to ensure the continued
the success of the annual Debian conference, here are some examples of
things that need helpers.

https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/VolunteerCoordination

I note that BCCD is based on Debian lenny and squeeze, which are no
longer security supported and very obsolete. The Debian community
recently released Debian stretch. I would encourage you to review it
and prepare your plans for rebasing on stretch.

https://www.debian.org/News/2017/20170617

A great way to help ensure that the next Debian release is working well
is to install and run the how-can-i-help tool and try to work on any
issues that come up.

https://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=837
https://packages.debian.org/unstable/how-can-i-help
https://wiki.debian.org/how-can-i-help

The page is missing a dpkg vendor field. It is important that Debian
derivatives set this properly on installed systems and mention the
value of the field in the derivatives census.

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines#Vendor

You might want to consider adding DNSSEC to your domains, TLSA records
and SSL to all of your domains. SSL on the apt repository will
help BCCD users to obscure package names and version numbers
from global active adversaries. You may want to add more headers:

http://dnsviz.net/d/bccd.net/
https://securityheaders.io/?q=https%3A%2F%2Fbccd.net%2F&followRedirects=on
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Guidelines/Web_Security

Please feel free to circulate this mail within the GreenboneOS team.

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise