Debian derivatives census: Netrunner: welcome!

Hi Clemens,

I would like to welcome yourself and Netrunner to the Debian
derivatives census! Would you like to take this opportunity to
introduce yourself and NetrunnerNetrunner to us all?

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/Netrunner

It would be great if you could join our mailing list and IRC channel:

https://wiki.debian.org/DerivativesFrontDesk

I would encourage you to look at Debian's guidelines for derivatives:

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines

You may want to look at our census QA page, some of the mails from
there may apply to Netrunner.

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/CensusQA

You don't appear to be subscribed to the Netrunner census page,
I've made a few changes to the Netrunner census page:

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/Netrunner?action=info

There are a lot of fields that haven't been modified from the template,
 please either remove the values from those or fill them out.

Some of the Release files in the apt repository for Netrunner are missing
the Valid-Until header, which allows clients to find out when active
network attackers are holding back newer Release files. At minimum,
rolling releases and suites containing security updates should have this
header. With reprepro you can use the ValidFor config option.

https://wiki.debian.org/RepositoryFormat#Date.2CValid-Until

The page is missing a dpkg vendor field. It is important that Debian
derivatives set this properly on installed systems and mention the
value of the field in the derivatives census.

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines#Vendor

I've added the Netrunner blog to Planet Debian derivatives which helps
the Debian community find out the things that are happening in the
world of Debian derivatives.

http://planet.debian.org/deriv/

Since Netrunner is based in Germany you might be interested in joining
the Debian groups in Germany.

https://wiki.debian.org/LocalGroups#Germany

This year the annual Debian conference is in Montreal, Canada. It would
be great if developers from Netrunner could attend DebConf. If this
isn't possible, next year DebConf will be in Taiwan or Brasil.

http://debconf17.debconf.org/

I would encourage Blue Systems (the Netrunner corporate sponsor) to
contribute financially to ensure the continued survival of Debian and
the success of the annual Debian conference.

https://www.debian.org/donations
http://debconf.org/sponsors/
https://debconf17.debconf.org/news/2016-12-16-become-a-sponsor/

I would encourage any attendees to volunteer to ensure the continued
the success of the annual Debian conference, here are some examples of
things that need helpers.

https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/VolunteerCoordination

I note that Netrunner is based on Debian testing. A great way to help
ensure that the next Netrunner release is working well is to install
and run the how-can-i-help tool and try to work on any issues.

http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=837
https://packages.debian.org/unstable/how-can-i-help
https://wiki.debian.org/how-can-i-help

I note that Netrunner uses Calamares, I would encourage you to work
with Jonathan Carter, who is packaging Calamares for Debian:

https://bugs.debian.org/842671

You might want to consider adding DNSSEC to your domains, TLSA records
and SSL to some of your domains. SSL on the repository will help
Netrunner users to obscure package names and version numbers from
global active adversaries. You might also want to add HSTS headers.

Please feel free to circulate this mail within the Netrunner team.

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise