Debian derivatives census: Emmabuntüs Debian Edition: welcome!

Hi Patrick,

I would like to welcome yourself and EmmabuntusDE to the Debian
derivatives census! Would you like to take this opportunity to
introduce yourself and EmmabuntusDE to us all?

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/EmmabuntusDE

It would be great if you could join our mailing list and IRC channel:

https://wiki.debian.org/DerivativesFrontDesk

I would encourage you to look at Debian's guidelines for derivatives:

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines

You may want to look at our census QA page, some of the mails from
there may apply to EmmabuntusDE.

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/CensusQA

You don't appear to be subscribed to the EmmabuntusDE census page,
I've made a few changes to the EmmabuntusDE census page:

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/EmmabuntusDE?action=info

The page says that EmmabuntusDE modifies Debian binary packages. It is
quite rare that distributions modify Debian binary packages instead of
modifying source packages and rebuilding them. Does EmmabuntusDE
actually do this? If so could you describe what kind of modifications
you are making? If not I guess the page needs to be fixed.

Would it be possible for you to add the EmmabuntusDE sources.list to
the wiki page? This will eventually help feed back patches and new
packages to Debian developers.

The page is missing a dpkg vendor field. It is important that Debian
derivatives set this properly on installed systems and mention the
value of the field in the derivatives census.

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines#Vendor

I've added the EmmabuntusDE blog to Planet Debian derivatives which
helps the Debian community find out the things that are happening in
the world of Debian derivatives.

http://planet.debian.org/deriv/

Since EmmabuntusDE is based in France you might be interested in
joining the Debian France group.

https://wiki.debian.org/LocalGroups#France

Next/This year the annual Debian conference is in South Africa. It
would be great if developers from EmmabuntusDE could attend DebConf. If
this isn't possible, next year DebConf will be in Montreal.

http://debconf16.debconf.org/

I would encourage any attendees to volunteer to ensure the continued
the success of the annual Debian conference, here are some examples of
things that need helpers.

https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/VolunteerCoordination
https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/LocalTeamRoles

I note that EmmabuntusDE is based on Debian stable. The Debian release
team semi-recently released a timeline for the freeze for the next
Debian stable release. I would encourage you to review it and prepare
your plans for rebasing on the next Debian release (stretch).

https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2016/03/msg00000.html

A great way to help ensure that the next Debian release working well is
to install and run the how-can-i-help tool and try to work on any
issues that come up.

http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=837
https://packages.debian.org/unstable/how-can-i-help
https://wiki.debian.org/how-can-i-help

I note that EmmabuntusDE uses live-build, which has been orphaned. I
would encourage you to join the Debian Live team to help out with it.

https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-live/

You might want to consider adding DNSSEC to your domains, TLSA records
and SSL to some of your domains.

Please feel free to circulate this mail within the EmmabuntusDE team.

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise