Re: ISO Customization and Generation

On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 4:48 AM, Powers, Joshua wrote:

> I am curious to learn from other derivatives what customizations to ISOs others
> are making and what tools are used to generate ISOs. After a little
> investigation I see live-build and simple-cdd used. Are there others?

At my workplace we customize the d-i netinst ISO by mounting it,
unpacking the initrd with gzip/cpio, customizing/repacking the
relevant files, updating the apt repo using reprepro and recreating
the ISO using genisoimage.

I've added questions about this to the derivatives census, so
hopefully some more folks will notice and you'll have some more
answers:

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/CensusTemplate?action=diff&rev1=78&rev2=79

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise