Re: Tracking derivatives delta: explanations, history [Was: Sponsoring a Tails hackfest?]

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 10:59 AM, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 4:41 PM, intrigeri wrote:
>
>> The Tails sources.{new,patches} still seem outdated. Is some part of
>> the system not back up yet?
>
> Due to the disk space issue and some IO stalls, DSA requested a new
> machine from leaseweb. Last I checked that has been delivered, waiting
> on zeroing the disks of the old machines before the new machines can
> use the network ports currently in use by the old machines. Once that
> is done I'll do another full run as a test and add it to cron if
> successful.

The cron job is now running daily again. The first run from cron took
only 56m47.692s compared to 9 hours back when it was running on
stabile. The new hardware is far faster, even though we don't have a
tmpfs and are doing everything over NFS. I might consider running it
more often, thoughts?

On Monday I'll get towards making the results available; either via
rsync to alioth or ask DSA to setup a new domain, remove all the
places that say down due to hardware outage. I'll also register the
BoF.

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise