Re: Debian derivatives census: Aptosid, Emdebian, Parsix: incorrectly listing Debian in Origin/Label

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Neil Williams wrote:

> Debatable - a Debian repository is signed by a Debian key. A repository
> which contains packages which originate in Debian could still have
> Origin: debian - especially, in the case of Emdebian Grip, where those
> packages are binary compatible with Debian.

I suppose it is debtable, but the only spec we have for Debian
repositories suggests that the Origin is the origin of the repository
(Emdebian) rather than the origin of the packages in the repository
(Debian). Otherwise Ubuntu (IIRC 70% packages from Debian) could
arguably be Origin: Debian.

https://wiki.debian.org/RepositoryFormat#Origin

> When I get time, I am still expecting to be uploading Grip packages
> directly to ftp-master, at which point Debian repositories will start
> carrying Grip packages directly.

Excellent, I'm sure some users will appreciate that.

I also had another thought about the smaller Packages files in
Emdebian, what about some Packages files for each Debian Pure Blend
(or other tasks/metapackages - gnome etc)?

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise