Re: New Debian Derivative

Hi Kumar,

You might be interested in the live-build package, which you can use to create a live Debian or Debian-based CD with only slightly more complication than running debootstrap. The CD can also contain debian-installer, for allowing installing the OS to disk.

Take a look at http://live.debian.net/manual/current/html/live-manual/toc.en.html
and the project home page at
http://live.debian.net/

Hope this helps,