A slightly easier path to maintain your packages in Ubuntu

Hi,

Sending here as I'm not sure of a better list.

The Ubuntu Developer Membership Board has, in the interests of
streamlining processes, implemented a change to make it easier for DDs
to get access to upload their packages into Ubuntu.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/ApplicationProcess

To summarise the process,

  - Apply to the DMB and attend an IRC meeting to be granted
    'Per-Package Upload' (not dissimilar to DM) rights to 'your' Debian
    packages. At the IRC meeting you'll be asked a few questions to
    probe your understanding of the differences between Ubuntu and
    Debian (freezes and similar).
  - If approved (the usual case), future extensions are then granted by
    mailing the DMB's public mailing list on
    devel-permissions@lists.ubuntu.com

This is a relatively conservative extension of our previous procedure
which didn't explicitly provide for alterations without going through
the entire process again. I hope that after a few months we'll be able
to relax this even further, possibly eliminating the IRC/wiki step
altogether.

Hopefully some people will find this helpful.

Thanks,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain@orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ laney@debian.org ]