Re: DEX Home Page Styling

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 03:14:54PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> > I am web developer and would like to help add some style to
> > http://dex.alioth.debian.org/
> IIRC the plan for dex.a.d.o was to move the ikiwiki content to
> wiki.d.o and keep only non-ikiwiki stuff on dex.a.d.o.
>
> Stefano/zack: can you confirm this?

I don't remember where that discussion has happened (possibly on
#debian-ubuntu ?), but as my recalling goes you're right. The main point
was to make it easier for people to change the pages: there's really no
point in having a different realm of users/authentication for the
documentation part of DEX.

> So, that would leave dextools and the census output, which probably
> don't need styling? If they do need styling we should probably use the
> standard theme used by www.d.o, wiki.d.o and so on.

Yep. Mainly because that way we can easily change it with something else
in the future, uniformly throughout several Debian web sites. But we do
need help with that too, I suspect. Someone adapting those styles to
those generated outputs would be welcome, no? But on those, you're the
master... :-)

Cheers.
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .