Re: Debian presence at UDS-R - call for topics

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 3:19 AM, Nathan Handler wrote:

> - packages in Ubuntu Packages/Sources files missing SHA-1/SHA-256, see
>   relevant entries from
>   http://dex.alioth.debian.org/census/Ubuntu/check-package-list
>    - [cjwatson] Could somebody file a Launchpad bug about this and subscribe ~ubuntu-archive?  It seems widespread enough that we should sort through it systematically.
> [stefanor] Investigate missing sha256 checksums from package files in dex

Since then it seems Packages grew SHA-1/SHA-256 hashes but Sources are
still missing them. I've filed a bug about this just now:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/1078697

> [Debian Derivatives Census infrastructure]: find a place where to track the reason/status  of forking/repackaging from scratch, of specific cases

Currently the script doesn't automatically detect or handle
forked/repackaged packages. I'm only currently detecting some due to
the larger-than-100MB-patch warning. I plan to work on this at some
point but need to think about some ways to detect this using the
package changelog and the snapshots database.

As for tracking reasons/status, probably the sync blacklist is a good place?

http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/sync-blacklist.txt

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise