Re: Debian derivatives guidelines: popcon

Hi!

On Fri, 2012-10-26 at 09:36:11 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Paul Wise wrote:
> > The derivatives guidelines[1] mention popcon[2] and suggest submitting
> > to both popcon.debian.org and popcon.example.org.
>
> On the topic of popcon and derivatives, I've just started a discussion
> and sent a couple of patches to move popcon to be less Debian centric
> and more friendly to derivatives.
>
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/popcon-developers/2012-October/002171.html

I think you might need to switch to either use the libdpkg-perl
Dpkg::Vendor module, or just parse the dpkg origins file directly
(as I've mentioned elsewhere on the list, those should be considered
interfaces by themselves), otherwise you'd need to make popcon
depend on dpkg-dev, which is a bit heavy.

regards,
guillem