Re: choose your desktop, desktopchoice

Paul Wise:
> On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 11:09 AM, adrelanos wrote:
>
>> I am adrelanos, Whonix is my project. [1] It's still based on Ubuntu, I
>> am in process switching to Debian.
>
> Have you considered joining forces with Tails? It is a Debian
> derivative with similar goals to Whonix:

Some political, technical, design goals, decisions and priorities differ
too much.

Nonetheless it's a professional cooperation with mature behavior.

The Tails developers work has already been very useful for my project.
For example anonym recently submitted a patch for uwt, which I wrote.
intrigeri fixed related things upstream, added a patch to Debian
torsocks or made a package with mat (metadata anonymization toolkit)...
I am sure there is a hell of a lot other stuff... My project now
includes tails_htp. The step switching Whonix to Debian will allow to
share even more code. Thanks.

Cheers,
adrelanos