Re: running a program with complex UI from debian-installer

Paul Wise left as an exercise for the reader:
> On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 12:28 AM, nick black wrote:
>
> > I want to run a program with a complex (ie, non-debconf-style) UI in
> > installerspace. I'm not trying to support the graphical installer, so I only
> > need a console-compatible solution. For those unfamiliar, debian-installer
> > runs an instance of debconf, which runs main-menu as a child process.
> > Stdout/stdin is used as a channel for ASCII-based IPC.
>
> Sounds like a question best answered on either the debian-boot list or
> IRC channel.

I've actually got this solution working surprisingly well. Anyone interested
in this fairly esoteric problem ought look at
https://github.com/dankamongmen/SprezzOS/blob/master/d-i/packages/rootskel.diff
and
https://github.com/dankamongmen/SprezzOS/tree/master/d-i/packages/rootskel/src/sbin.

--
nick black     http://www.sprezzatech.com -- unix and hpc consulting
to make an apple pie from scratch, you need first invent a universe.