Re: DebConf12?

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 11:39:19PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> The DebConf12 CfP closes June 1st, which is pretty soon.
> Who is coming to DebConf12? I'll be there for DebCamp & DebConf.

I'll be there, but essentially only for DebCamp (+ 1 day of the main
conference), so I won't be able to help much on site with events for the
main conference.

> What kind of sessions do we want during DebCamp & DebConf?

- I'd love to have talks held *by* representative of derivatives telling
  us the initiatives they are participating in to work with Debian. We
  had a few DebConf-s ago a similar talk by Jorge Castro representing
  Ubuntu and it was great. It would be nice to have something similar
  again, not necessarily only from Ubuntu but also spanning other
  derivatives. To obtain this, however, we'll need to invite
  representative of derivatives to submit (or at least participate in) a
  talk.

- The Derivatives round table BoF seems a must :)

- I'd love a "state of the derivatives front desk" address, similar to
  the one I held last year trying to span all derivatives related
  initiatives. It's good as a reminder we exist (and are growing!) and
  also as "advertisement" for those who are maybe relatively new to
  Debian and don't know about this list and related activities. Paul, I
  fear you'd be the best person to hold such a talk :-P

What else?

Cheers.