Re: distrowatch, debtags & Debian derivatives census question

On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 22:50:58 +0800
Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For the Debian derivatives census[1] integration[2] with
> debtags[3][4], we wanted some way of ordering the derivatives by
> popularity.

I can think of some incidents a few years ago where distros were called
out for gaming the distrowatch pages to increase their popularity. If
you're going to use the distrowatch popularity, perhaps go for the
weekly (or monthly) average instead of daily.
just a thought.
thanks,
kk

--