Re: Canaima Derivative

2012/1/8 Luis Alejandro Martínez Faneyth:

> I've updated the Debian Derivative Census page for Canaima[1], thanks
> for the great technical and statistic work you are doing.

Excellent, thank you very much.

I am extremely concerned that Canaima is not distributing source code
for some of the suites. At the very least this means you are violating
copyright law due to dpkg, apt and other Debian-specific software
being licensed under the GNU General Public License, which is a
copyleft license that requires distribution of source code.

> I was wondering how to get Canaima listed on the "children-distros"
> page[2] on Debian's main portal.

This is a discussion that has been pending with the Debian website
team for a while. Last year I was asked to defer it and have not had
time to restart the discussion. I will start a new thread about it on
this list today.

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise