Re: Whonix ALPHA 0.4.5 - Anonymous Operating System released

[dropped tor cc]

adrelanos left as an exercise for the reader:
> This is because Whonix consists of two (virtual) machines. One machine
> solely runs Tor and acts as a gateway, which we call Whonix-Gateway.
> The other machine, which we call Whonix-Workstation, is on a
> completely isolated network. Only connections through Tor are possible.

I'll take a look at your [1] in a moment, but what about leaks at layers
5 and higher? If I understand correctly, you've got your proxying system
scrubbing layers 3 through 4, and layer 2 is handled by virtue of the
virtual machines, but if i own the box, and then go to whatsmyip.com or
whatever, that's still going to see the......

ahhh, nevermind, just read your "Protocol leaks" section. OK, so you're
aware of this issue :D. you clearly feel it doesn't make moot the rest of
the effort; could you explain why? thanks!

feel free to take this private, or back onto the tor list, or whatever.

--
nick black     http://www.sprezzatech.com -- unix and hpc consulting
to make an apple pie from scratch, you need first invent a universe.