Re: running a program with complex UI from debian-installer

nick black left as an exercise for the reader:
> I've actually got this solution working surprisingly well. Anyone interested
> in this fairly esoteric problem ought look at
> https://github.com/dankamongmen/SprezzOS/blob/master/d-i/packages/rootskel.diff
> and
> https://github.com/dankamongmen/SprezzOS/tree/master/d-i/packages/rootskel/src/sbin.

As it turns out, all this can be skipped if one uses openvt -s -w. Hack on!

(now trying to figure out why iconv(3) breaks on me in the installer,
 causing much trouble when it comes time to spit out UTF16LE GPT partition
 names. probably has to do with gconv files in /usr/lib. sigh, the eternal
 struggle!)

--
nick black     http://www.sprezzatech.com -- unix and hpc consulting
to make an apple pie from scratch, you need first invent a universe.