Re: DebConf12?

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 04:41:12PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> > - The Derivatives round table BoF seems a must :)
>
> Hmm, this seems to be a combination of two events? Are you thinking an
> event like Andreas Tille's derivatives panel/round table from
> DebConf11 or the derivatives BoF at DebConf10 that was around an oval
> table in a small room?

Yes, that has been duplicated in the past and should be avoided. What I
think of when writing "derivatives BoF" is indeed a round table with
representative from debian and derivatives that tell each other what is
working well, what is not, what are their needs, etc. The one organized
by Matt Zimmerman at DebConf10 (IIRC) has been pretty effective in that
regard.

> If no-one else registers a general derivatives BoF before the deadline
> then I'll register one, probably DebConf10-style.

Thanks!

Cheers.