Re: DebConf12?

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 12:21 AM, Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 11:39:19PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
>> The DebConf12 CfP closes June 1st, which is pretty soon.
>>
>> Who is coming to DebConf12? I'll be there for DebCamp & DebConf.
>
> I unfortunately will not make it to DebConf.  There is a small chance I
> could attend DebCamp, but it doesn't seem likely. :-/
>
>> What kind of sessions do we want during DebCamp & DebConf?
>
> Maybe this would be a good chance to connect with derivatives in the area?

Good idea.

> Does the census tell us which are "based" or have concentrations of
> developers in central america?

There isn't a location field in the census (added that to the template
just now), but some mention a country or have given me the impression
they are based in Latin America:

Venezuela: http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/Canaima
Brazil: http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/Tucunare
Brazil: http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/Epidemic-Linux
Argentina: http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/Lihuen

I've mentioned it to the Tucunare folks a while back, I'll send a mail
to these four.

I guess there are more that aren't represented in the census though.

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise