Re: Debian derivatives census: Inquisitor: website broken

Hi Paul,

> I just noticed that the Inquisitor website is broken, my browser is
> unable to resolve the inquisitor.ru domain.

Alas, it's broken now and due to misfortunate set of events it will be
only brought up on May, 2nd. That site is hosted at my institution's
data center, which lost connectivity to the outer world and there are
holidays in Russia (April 29nd - May 1st), and this data center is not
a top-priority project, so I can't bring any of our NOCs to get up
there and fix things up. Hope they would arrive only on May, 2nd
(first working day) and fix it right away.

What's even more misfortunate, our team member that has DNS access is
also away for these holidays and I can't get him to change DNSes to
make www.inquisitor.ru to point to some other server - so we're kind
of locked in for holidays. Sorry - hope it would improve in a few days
:(

> Is the Inquisitor project
> still active or should we mark it as inactive in the Debian derivatives
> census?

Inquisitor project is still alive and there is some development activity:
http://www.ohloh.net/p/inq

Albeit it's not as active as it was several years ago during active
phase of development.

> BTW, It would be great if you could fill out the Inquisitor census wiki
> page some more. For example does Inquisitor have a blog or an apt
> repository?
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/Inquisitor

We don't really have any blogs, at least directly related to
Inquisitor. Most members of the team do have blogs, but posts about
Inquisitor in these blogs are rare.

There is a news feed at SourceForge:
http://sourceforge.net/news/?group_id=100064 (also available as RSS) -
but I don't know where I could add such a feature at census wiki.

We don't have a public apt repository - the general point of a project
that it's a modular construction kit that everyone configures and
assembled for a particular task, thus making a private repository with
a couple of packages. Then this private repository + official Debian
public repository is used to create a network-bootable or live CD/DVD
system. I don't think that it's a viable idea to publish only one
possible configuration (and thus binary build) of packages for
Inquisitor in a public repository - generally, it would be (1) useless
to general public, (2) probably would lead to someone installing it in
a regular Debian desktop system, thus breaking it up seriously (as it
reconfigures a *lot* of stuff during installation).

We're kind of small project, so we don't have separate
forums/maillists for users and developers => I've added "user forum",
but I've added a link to that forum, albeit it's located at
www.inquisitor.ru, which is unavailable right now. Also, we don't use
IRC, but we do use Jabber conferences, but, alas, there's no such
field in census form.

So, that's the summary of what I've added:

* Corporate sponsors
* Forum
* Wiki

Please give me any more clues / ask more questions if I can be of any
help to add more.

--
WBR, Mikhail Yakshin