Re: SolusOS

Hi Ikey!

Welcome to the list :)

You might want to add SolusOS to the Debian derivatives census:

http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census

Part of the census is to automatically produce patches for modified
source packages from all derivatives in the census:

http://dex.alioth.debian.org/census/patches/

FirstRunWizard sounds like something useful for the OEM mode and for
providing virtualisation images we discussed last year:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2011/07/thrd2.html#00670
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2011/07/thrd2.html#00694

I guess for Debian we would want it to be based on the Debian
installer though. I would encourage you to work with the Debian
installer and Debian CD teams to add OEM mode to Debian and add
official Debian VM/other images.

Installing the right video drivers is a job for the Debian installer,
IIRC in Debian we solve it by installing all available drivers.

Debian doesn't have Firefox or Thunderbird (we have rebranded
versions), I guess you packaged those yourself? You might want to get
involved in the Debian Mozilla team, they are providing unofficial
backports. LibreOffice 0.5.1 is not yet in testing, so it doesn't yet
meet the requirements for Debian backports.

http://mozilla.debian.net/
http://backports-master.debian.org/Contribute/

As far as the GNOME stuff goes, I would suggest that you work with
GNOME upstream to get your changes integrated. The Debian version of
GNOME is pretty similar to upstream, but I think the Debian GNOME team
would welcome some help.

http://www.gnome.org/get-involved/
http://pkg-gnome.alioth.debian.org/

You might want to take a look at and get involved in the Debian Live
project to create livecds for Debian:

http://live.debian.net/
http://www.debian.org/CD/live/
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive