Re: Announcing derivatives patches and call for help and feedback

On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 15:50:07 +0800
Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi all,

[A lot of the cut stuff (has been discussed separately?)]

> For the filtering side of things I need some insight into the patches
> themselves to determine ways to decide which ones are useful to
> present to maintainers and which are not. I have taken a look at some
> of these patches myself, but that just does not scale. So I invite
> the Debian community to help me out here, please take a look at a few
> patches and reply if you find one that could be filtered out
> *automatically* by some code to be written in the future and give
> some indication of how to do the automatic filtering. No need to

As a (largely) non coder, what should I look for in (say) gNewSenses
patches to know if it can be filtered out automatically? Are there any
common indicators?

thanks,
kk

--