Re: Debian derivatives census: missing SHA-1 hashes

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 5:48 AM, Paul Wise wrote:

> The reason for these is that we are pursuing integration of information
> about packages from derivatives into Debian infrastructure and that
> integration will be using SHA-1 hashes to determine if packages were
> ever in Debian. Please note that if you are inheriting Packages or
> Sources files from Debian then missing SHA-1/SHA-256 hashes could be the
> fault of the Debian archive (http://bugs.debian.org/637563).

I'm rewriting the package comparison script and this is the number of
source packages that we need to debdiff against the one in Debian. The
Ubuntu one is inflated a bit since they have source packages
duplicated between ports.ubuntu.com and archive.ubuntu.com. Probably
most of this is due to missing hashes. BCCD is just pointing at the
lenny deb-src.

20274 Ubuntu
12519 BCCD
12207 gNewSense
7390 BlankOn
6714 Bayanihan
1117 StormOS
270 ProgressLinux
194 BOSSlinux
177 Knoppix
175 Debathena
69 Lihuen
66 VoyageLinux
63 Grml
42 Vanillux
35 LMDE
35 Aptosid
34 Finnix
26 semplice
20 SPACEflight
16 Emdebian
1 Epidemic-Linux

This is the number of warnings from the check-package-list script:

  40266 Bayanihan
  27760 gNewSense
  25038 BCCD
  22932 Ubuntu