Re: UbuntuDiff

Hi Mehdi,

By accident I scrolled down and saw this mail, which unfortunately
nobody replied to.

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 02:23:01PM +0200, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> I noticed that you were referring to http://patches.ubuntu.com/ on your
> webpage [1]. It's clear (to me) that its "interface" wasn't made to be
> used by humans, but rather to be used as a database. Some time ago, I
> wrote an interface for it. It's available at [2] and is called "UbuntuDiff".
>
> 	[1] http://dex.alioth.debian.org/ubuntu/
> 	[2] http://ubuntudiff.debian.net/
> […]
> I hope you'll find it useful for your needs. If it misses some features
> that would make your work more pleasurable, I'd be happy to try to
> implement them.

I think it's a better idea to link to UbuntuDiff indeed, and hope that
someone with the necessary power reads this and does it, but…

I noticed that in part it's a bit outdated. I picked a random package
that has been modified in Precise to see if the data was up-to-date.
This is the URL I used

  http://ubuntudiff.debian.net/?query=python-defaults

Some of the links (Diff from Ubuntu) are correct, so clearly it knows
about the new versions somehow, but in other places (and most
prominently the changelog displayed up-front), data from Maverick
(Ubuntu 10.10) is displayed.

I suspect this is a simple fix if you know the code. There's a tool
written by Benjamin Drung (bdrung) called distro-info which, if
backported (I just pinged him to do this) and kept updated, you could
use to get the latest dev release.

  ubuntu-distro-info --devel --codename

Cheers,

--