Re: Vendor-based customization of Lintian (or profiles)

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 21:02:27 +0200
Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> wrote:

> > Emdebian tried this and came up against a few hidden assumptions in
> > lintian which we discussed with the lintian maintainers at the time. We
> > experimented with an emdebian checks file and desc file:
> >
> > http://packages.debian.org/sid/all/emdebian-crush/filelist
> >
> > If this proposal completes the final stage of that process, I will be
> > v.happy. :-)
>
> Do you have a link to that debate; unfortunately I believe it was before
> my involvement with Lintian, so I do not believe I have seen it (unless
> it is covered in the DC10 notes from the BoF).

Not really. I did describe some of the results to the Emdebian folks:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-embedded/2008/04/msg00003.html

http://lists.debian.org/debian-embedded/2009/12/msg00032.html

The other discussions with Russ were mostly direct email and/or
discussions at DebConf9.

--

Neil Williams