Re: DEX ancient-patches: where the rubber meets the road
- To: email@example.com
- Cc: Matt Zimmerman <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Allison Randal <email@example.com>, Amaya Rodrigo Sastre <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Andrew Mitchell <email@example.com>, "Andrew Starr-Bochicchio" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Bilal Akhtar <email@example.com>, David Paleino <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Jeremiah Foster <email@example.com>, Micah Gersten <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Nathan Handler <email@example.com>, Steve Langasek <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Colin Watson <email@example.com>, James Westby <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: DEX ancient-patches: where the rubber meets the road
- From: Kel Modderman <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 22:03:09 +1000
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20110330134211.GB4562@alcor.net>
- References: <20110330134211.GB4562@alcor.net>
On Wednesday 30 March 2011 23:42:11 Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> * http://people.ubuntu.com/patches/sysvinit-quietinit.patch
> Debian bug: http://bugs.debian.org/326677
> Thread: http://lists.debian.org/debian-derivatives/2011/03/msg00052.html
> I think this patch is unnecessary in Debian, but it was filed in the BTS
> by someone else (Petter Reinholdtsen), so I was hesitant to close it
> myself. Instead, I emailed Petter about a week ago and asked whether he
> wanted to merge the patch or discard it. I haven't heard back from him
> I think this patch is obsolete from a DEX perspective anyway, because the
> patch is no longer in Ubuntu. Does anyone feel there is value in
> continuing to track it, or should we forget about it?
There are probably lots of more important things for the sysvinit maintainers
to work on, and I don't see much benefit in spending time on this patch ...
so I'd say drop it.