Re: Uploading new packages to Debian instead of Ubuntu [was Re: Skeletor?]

On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 11:29:36AM +0200, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> Is there a definite list of the high-profile Debian teams like the ones
> mentioned above and others like Games, Python*, PHP* and their preferred
> way to get in touch with them (IRC, Email, etc.)?

The best index we have is <http://wiki.debian.org/Teams>.
Another possible lookup way if you don't find a team there, is to lookup
the Maintainer field of a somewhat related package; if it is a mailing
list on alioth, the corresponding alioth team is a good target.

If the team in question has no entry under wiki.d.o/Teams, I believe it
would be very useful if you point that out to them, highlighting that
being listed there can make them more easily reachable by people like
you, that are willing to help out.

More generally, if you can't find a specific team in Debian for your
purpose, asking here will help, after all giving directions is one of
the reason why derivatives@d.o exists in the first place :-)

Thanks for this discussion!
Cheers.