Re: Wifi not working in Lenovo laptop/Ideapad/Atheros QCA9377
- To: Debian-Users List <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Wifi not working in Lenovo laptop/Ideapad/Atheros QCA9377
- From: senthil kosapeta <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2019 08:40:50 +0530
- Message-id: <[🔎] CADAHZpL90B2nytP93aET9QLqC+H=8+etRVg76Os=X5Umwy5xbw@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <CADAHZpJVuNJj1_Mz+acqX3CYxzfu=_JbTFS=DcMSCpYiYL6myA@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CADAHZpJjp6-JGCXJ2x7JGXk4V6RGjxL_yytq4Xg7_q=M962+Hg@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CADAHZpKTT4Zb85356En7c_Vc26Oac-yAgUDwwDgRcKQ6hkXrbg@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CADAHZp+OJTsYAsmHPQfHPhgD0E56B-tYHH4jvLdmCCcuQ2gj3A@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CADAHZpKe0NzMiPRJPcbsLZYr99ORJy_jY8Ao0uMGEYaaufhEDA@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CADAHZpJVuNJj1_Mz+acqX3CYxzfu=_JbTFS=DcMSCpYiYL6myA@mail.gmail.com>
Attaching the mail to debian-debbugs list & debian-boot lists.
Please redirect if necessary.
1) System hangs/stucks when firmware-atheros is installed.
2) Thereaferwards Rebooting is not successfull.
On 01/06/2019 16:52, senthil kosapeta wrote:
>> I looked into the firmware-atheros package in Debian Stable (9),
>> backports, testing and unstable. Only the version in unstable currently
>> has the firmware file you need to make your wifi chip work
>> (/lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA9377/hw1.0/firmware-6.bin) .
>> You can download it yourself on one of the Debian mirrors:
>> Then install the package with the command:
>> dpkg -i firmware-atheros_20190502-1_all.deb
>> This command must be issued in the directory where you downloaded the
>> package, and with root privileges.
>> When this is done, simply reboot your system, or unload/reload the
>> driver module with:
>> modprobe -r ath10k_pci
>> modprobe -r ath10k_core
>> modprobe -v ath10k_core
>> modprobe -v ath10k
>> Ignore the "irq=" option for now, I am on Debian unstable and wrongly
>> assumed you had the needed firmware file already on your system.
> My system got crashed.
> After installing firmware-atheros, I tried modprobe commands. (Even before
> When i am done with last command which is "modprobe -v ath10k_pci", system
> got stuck.
> I had force shutdown, and restarting the laptop is hit with the same old
> problem like earlier crash.
> When i run through recovery mode, it says following (also seen during
> earlier crash)
> *ath10_pci *** : failed to recieve control response completion, polling ...*
> After that i tried booting via debian live usb, got the root prompt, tried
> following commands
>>> modprobe -r ath10k_pci
>>> modprobe -r ath10k_core
>>> modprobe -v ath10k_core
>>> modprobe -v ath10k_pci irq_mode=1
> It is still not working and is stuck while boot.
> Please suggest more.
Hi, which version of the firmware-atheros package did you install ? Was
the installation successful, no error messages ?
When the boot sequence gets stuck, when exactly does it happen, what do
you see on the screen ? If you crashed the system a few times, the
file-system may need to be checked, did you see any message mentioning
"fsck" or file-system check ?
Nota: you can answer back to the list only, I am subscribed.
I installed the same version you have mentioned.
I did not see any error messages.
I am attaching the screenshots
It stucks after "Started D-bug system Message bus" only if i boot via recovery mode.
I don't see any clear messages when boot through normal mode, but it does not continue. (at the very beginning stage).
I dont think of "file-system" problem because it runs fine until firmware-atheros is installed.
Also i have run the the memory test and check everything is fine.
Mob No : 9000311791