Bug#800287: debbugs: Please migrate a supported debhelper compat level
The package debbugs is using a debhelper compat level of 3 or less
according to lintian. These compat levels have been deprecated for
the past ~10 years and debhelper will remove support for them in the near
future (as declared in ).
* Please migrate the package to a supported debhelper compat level.
- Compat 9 is recommended
- Compat 5 is the bare minimum (compat 4 will be removed soon as
* If your package uses any of the following tools, please remove them
from the rules files. Neither of them does anything except warn
about their deprecation.
- dh_scrollkeeper (deadline: January 1st 2016)
* Please note that your package might have been flagged for using
e.g. "DH_COMPAT=2 dh_foo ...".
- This will still cause issues when the compat level is removed.
* If the package has been relying on dh_install being lenient about
missing files, please see "MIGRATING TO COMPAT 5 OR LATER" in .
- compat 1+2: November 1st 2015
- compat 3: January 1st 2016
If you are using other deprecated debhelper features (such as omitting
the debian/compat file), please consider fixing those while you are at