Recreating bug histories from log files

Hola Folks,

My dream in life at this point in time is to be able to recreate a bug
modification history from the log / report / summary files.
Something like what bugzilla does --
https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_activity.cgi?id=12

>From what I understand the way debbugs logs things has changed. These
are my questions:

a) what seems like the best way to do this? (i.e. what string patterns
I should be looking for)
b) what are the major changes to the way logs are done? I seems like
my best bet is to look for bugs beyond the 350000 number?

In general, lookinf for patterns in log files seems like a really bad
way of doing this, but there is no choice -- is there? Thanks!

Abhishek
http://abhishek.mit.edu