Re: Question regarding debianbts' SOAP

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009, Bastian Venthur wrote:

> Don Armstrong schrieb:
> > On Wed, 14 Oct 2009, Bastian Venthur wrote:
> >> I'm trying my best to parse the SOAP replies provided by debbugs,
> >> but now I'm kind of stucked.
> >>
> >> A general and probably very easy question first: what is the difference
> >> between:
> >>
> >> fixed_versions and fixed
> >> found_versions and found
> >
> > fixed and found are hashrefs which indicate when a bug was marked
> > fixed and found; currently that's not implemented, so they are
> > hashrefs which have a key of the version, and a value of ''.
> > Eventually I'll probably make it work, though.
> >
> > fixed_versions and found_versions are arrayrefs which just have the
> > version that things are fixed and found in. It's probably what you
> > actually want.
>
> So does that mean fixed_versions contains only *one* (the first) version
> where the bug was fixed and fixed contains all versions? Then the name
> fixed_version*s* would be a bit misleading (and also being an array :)
> -- if not, again, what would the difference between fixed if fixed would
> be implemented? Both should then contain all the versions where the bug
> was/is fixed, right?

Nope; let me give an example which will make it clearer. At some point
in the future, it will look something like this:

{fixed_versions => ['1.0.1','1.0.2'],
 found_versions => ['1.0.0','1.0.1.1'],
 fixed => {'1.0.1' => 1255560307,
           '1.0.2' => 1255560321,
	  },
 found => {'1.0.0' => 1255560137,
           '1.0.1.1' => 420620400,
	  },
}

> One last question for now: This is the list of all attributes a
> bugreport can have, could you quickly mark all those with an X which
> are currently not correctly implemented (like fixed and found) or
> superfluous like "id":
>
> fixed_versions:
1 > fixed:
1 > fixed_date:
> found_versions:
1 > found:
1 > found_date:
> keywords:
> tags:
> subject:
> summary:
> source:
> package:
> done:
> unarchived:
> archived:
> location:
2 > id:
> bug_num:
> blockedby:
> forwarded:
> msgid:
> ownwer:
> originator:
> date:
> log_modified:
> pending:
> blocks:
> mergedwith:
> severity:
> affects:

id is superfluous; the fixed, fixed_date, found and found_date all go
together. [found_date contains the values for the keys in the found
array, same for fixed_date and fixed.]

> I will try to update http://wiki.debian.org/DebbugsSoapInterface
> upon this data.

It'd be ideal if you could work that into a writeup which was a patch
to the documentation of Debbugs::Status::get_bug_status and possibly
also the pod for Debbugs::SOAP.

Don Armstrong

--
Your village called.