Re: debbugs SOAP interface returns multiple package names separated with comma.

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found it.
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=434287
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=434286
>
> These bug reports return package names in the following format:
>
> xfonts-75dpi-transcoded,xfonts-75dpi
>
> which apt-listbugs fails to understand.
>
> This notation has been allowed in debbugs, but it has never been
> supported too well in any of the interfaces.

It's actually supported in all of them; the underlying implementation
is the following:

=head2 splitpackages

     splitpackages($pkgs)

Split a package string from the status file into a list of package names.

=cut

sub splitpackages {
    my $pkgs = shift;
    return unless defined $pkgs;
    return map lc, split /[ \t?,()]+/, $pkgs;
}

[It's in Debbugs/Status.pm]

Don Armstrong

--
As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In both
instances, there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly