Re: Access to summary files through http?

On Thu, 07 Jun 2007, Gustavo R. Montesino wrote:
> Em Qua, 2007-06-06 às 19:34 -0700, Don Armstrong escreveu:
> > On Wed, 06 Jun 2007, Gustavo R. Montesino wrote:
> > > Just wondering... are the .summary files available through http
> > > somewhere?
> >
> > Not to my knowledge; they definetly aren't available via a official
> > location.
> >
> > > If not, can't them be made available?
> >
> > I'm not planning on making them available, because they aren't
> > suitable for being used as an interface to the bug summary information
> > by anything but debbugs.
>
> Why?

Because the format of them will change and I don't want to have to
support people expecting to use them as a stable interface to the bts.

> > The SOAP interface already provides access to all of the information
> > that is in them anyway.
>
> I would agree with that, but then there is #422062...

The underlying issue there is a bug in SOAP::Lite which does not get
triggered when you pull the status on the corresponding bug using
perl.

CF:

perl -MSOAP::Lite -MData::Dumper -e 'print Dumper(SOAP::Lite->uri(q(Debbugs/SOAP/Status))->proxy(q(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/soap.cgi))->get_status(q(419306))->result)'

Fixing this bug in SOAP::Lite is the right way forward; I still have
to check to see if it has already been fixed in more recent versions.
I should have a chance to get to it before debconf.

Don Armstrong

--
"There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the
right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself."