Re: Why are there so many "pending upload" bugs?

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 10:01:36AM -0700, Tyler MacDonald wrote:
> Eg; bug #46848 has been pending upload for 6 years, 307 days.

No, it hasn't - you're misreading that. It was filed that long ago, but
was marked pending last year.

> It looks like the version that bugs.debian.org uses has a lot of stuff
> that would be extremely useful to anyone using debbugs, including
> reporting messages as spam, etc.

That relies on a lot of stuff that's done on the server outside the
debbugs installation, actually.

> Why is the version of debbugs in unstable so goddamn old?

One of the problems is that some of the features rolled out on
bugs.debian.org are annoyingly incomplete and I'm not sure I'd want to
inflict them on other debbugs users until they're fixed. Notably,
version tracking really ought to be fixed to play properly with expiry
before it's uploaded.