source vs binary packages in the BTS

It seems that I need some clarification regarding source package bug
pages.

linux-2.6 is a source package producing many binary packages;
linux-image, linux-headers, linux-doc, linux-manual, etc:

  http://packages.qa.debian.org/linux-2.6
  http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/linux-2.6.html

The package page for a 'linux-2.6' binary package doesn't exist:

  http://packages.debian.org/linux-2.6
  http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?version=all&subword=0&exact=1&arch=any&releases=all&case=insensitive&keywords=linux-2.6&searchon=names

But a package page for the 'linux-2.6' source package does exist:

  http://packages.debian.org/src:linux-2.6
  http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?searchon=sourcenames&version=all&exact=1&keywords=linux-2.6
  http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?version=all&subword=0&exact=1&arch=any&releases=all&case=insensitive&keywords=linux-2.6&searchon=sourcenames

The bug page for this source package is:

  http://bugs.debian.org/src:linux-2.6
  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=linux-2.6

and lists my recently-closed bug #102724.

Then what, I wonder, is this page?

  http://bugs.debian.org/linux-2.6
  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=linux-2.6

Perhaps it is the source package page, but before the BTS gets updated
with a recent list of binary packages it produces?  That is my best
guess so far.

By the way, is it valid to file a bug on a source package, if no
binary package exists by the same name?  (For example, Package:
linux-2.6).

Is there a way of filing a bug against the source package
specifically, if a binary package name is the same?  (As it is for
many packages, especially 'single-binary' ones, for example my
packages saods9 and sextractor).  This would be useful to me as a way
of marking a bug as "Debian-specific", and, I'm just extra curious
today.

--
Clear skies,
Justin