spam and the BTS

My crossassassin test seems reasonable so far.  About 1/4 (14 out of
62 if I recall correctly) of the spam not caught by spamassassin had
scores 4 or more, and none of them had a spamassassin score <= 0.

Of the 60 or so non-spam messages that had a crossassin score >= 4,
all had spamassassin scores < 0.

I'll continue in test mode for now, it's not a dramatic improvement.

Looking into the spamscan log, I find that the problem was spamscan
processing messages slowly rather than unusual bursts of spam.
Durring some of the major backlogs, it was processing as few as 26
messages in 5 minutes.  My guess is that there was a denial of service
attack against one or more of the DNSBLs being used.

(~blarson/bin/sslog produced ~blarson/sslog.log if anyone else wants
to look at the details.)

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html